Low RPM Alternators - Advantages Over Other Alternators
Traditional alternators need to revolve at 1800 revolutions per minute to generate power, which requires a great expenditure of energy to produce a feasible amount of power for common usage. With low RPM alternators, there is the advantage of power production at low revolutions per minute. The low RPM alternator starts producing power at a single RPM. There are several advantages associated with a low RPM alternator in terms of performance, reliability and life of the equipment. The low rpm permanent magnet alternator uses powerful neodymium magnets that create a permanent magnetic field around the conducting coils. Here are some advantages of low RPM alternators:
1. Low cost: These alternators not only provide higher efficiency than traditional alternators but they also have low cost structures reducing upfront capital costs for the end user. The lower weight compared to DC alternators reduces the cost of materials.
2. Low maintenance: The permanent magnet alternators don't require extensive maintenance as these are designed to operate in an optimum manner. The neodymium magnets used in these alternators have a high working temperature which ensures that these magnets will not demagnetize very soon and continue to provide services for a long time to come.
3. Reliable Power Output: The permanent magnet alternators are a highly reliable source of power as they work at low speeds which leads to less wear and tear of various parts of the alternators. As there are no slip rings used in these alternators, these are simple to maintain and ideal for power production for a longer duration of time.
4. Simple Design: These alternators have a simple design which makes it easy to produce them and also helps in proper maintenance and repairs in future.
5. Different Sizes: These alternators are available in different sizes and capacities that allow users to choose one that meets their requirements and budget. Whether a permanent magnet alternator is coupled with a wind turbine for a small business facility or for power needs of a small house, these alternators are perfect for all applications.
The low RPM alternator once deployed can provide years of usage. The low cost of these alternators makes them an ideal choice for customers who are looking for a reliable power source at an affordable price. You can find out more about these alternators from various sources on the Internet and you can also use the services of manufacturers who will build a custom permanent magnet alternator as per your specifications.